21% Monster by P. J. Canning

On tour today is 21% Monster by P.J. Canning. When this came up for tour with Love Books Tours as a middle grade book for fans of Percy Jackson, I raised my hand immediately. My son loves Percy Jackson so I thought it would be a good book to read with him. The fact that it is published by Usborne books is an added bonus. This is the first book in a series and I'm excited to read the next book.

About the book:

When Darren Devlin is arrested for destroying his school with his bare hands, it's not just the police who are after him. Enter Marek Masters, 14 years old, 19% alien, and the most intelligent, most wanted "almost human" alive. Marek is here to tell Darren the truth - he is 21% monster, and together they must take down the secret organisation that created them.

 

Review:

Darren does not fit in at school. He is special but does not know it. He knows he can do things other kids can’t. When he meets Marak, a kid similar to him, he finally starts to understand.

I loved this book because of the interaction between the boys. Marak is a leader and Darren keeps him in check. This is an excellent book for middle grade fantasy readers. I love that it is published by Usborn because they typically publish books for younger kids. I’m glad they are offering books for older kids so they can continue to grow with Usborne!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coloring the Rainbow: The Power of Connection by Catherine Rose

The Last Train From Paris by Juliet Greenwood

The Prime Suspect by Lauren Carr