The Girls of Pearl Harbor by Soraya M. Lane

Grace, Eva, Poppy, and Alice are nurses recently stationed at Pearl Harbor. They thought it would be a great time and felt lucky they were there. Then the shooting began and their lives changed forever. They were thrust into the war and the only choice was to survive.

I have read many WWII stories and am very interested in this time in history. When I started reading the book it reminded me of the movie, Pearl Harbor, and I was a little disappointed because I had heard this story before. As I kept reading the nurse’s stories continue to the aftermath of the war. They are sent overseas while still dealing with the horror and immense loss of Pearl Harbor. I loved reading about the female view of WWII from the battlefield. I also loved reading about the characters as they grew both personally and in their jobs. I was fascinated by the book and highly recommend it.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coloring the Rainbow: The Power of Connection by Catherine Rose

The Last Train From Paris by Juliet Greenwood

The Prime Suspect by Lauren Carr