My Name is Eva by Suzanne Goldeing

This is not the typical WWII story about what happens during the war. It tells Evelyn’s story about after the war. It is told from three main timelines, the present where Evelyn lives in a nursing home pretending she knows less than she does, the 1940’s after the war when Evelyn helped the survivors, and the 1980’s after Evelyn returns home. After the war was over things did not return to normal and Evelyn had to do unthinkable things to survive. Now she must find a way to keep her past a secret.

It was very interesting to read about after WWII as many stories focus on during the war. I thought this was a good book but I struggled to get into the story at times. I almost gave up on the book but I’m glad I didn’t. I had to keep going to find out the secrets. I felt for Evelyn and her story and found myself laughing at her attempts to trick people into thinking she knew less than she did. It was not the book I was expecting but it was well worth a read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coloring the Rainbow: The Power of Connection by Catherine Rose

The Last Train From Paris by Juliet Greenwood

The Prime Suspect by Lauren Carr