The Winemakers Wife by Kristin Harmel

The story is set in Champagne, France during WWII and told from this time and current day, 2019. Similar to other stories set during this time period, it is about resisting the German Invasion and highlighting the heroic efforts normal people had to do to not only survive but try to stop the Germans. I love reading stories set during this time and this book did not disappoint. It focused on the owners of a champagne vineyard and is full of star crossed lovers, jealousy, determination, the effects of misinformation, redemption, and a bit of selfishness.

Ines is the wife of a winemaker who feels she does not quite fit in. In my opinion she is a bit immature and this shows in some of her selfish actions. However I loved watching her develop and grow throughout the story.

I cannot say too much about the story without giving away surprises but I was truly engrossed in this story. I stayed up way too late finishing the story because I had to know how it ended. I highly highly recommend it for anyone interested in WWII historical fiction. 

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coloring the Rainbow: The Power of Connection by Catherine Rose

The Last Train From Paris by Juliet Greenwood

The Prime Suspect by Lauren Carr