Gratitude: Two Hundred Short Poems by A.H. Morris


 

Book Details:

Book Title:  Gratitude: Two Hundred Short Poems by A. H. Morris
Category:  Adult Fiction (18+), 214 pages
Genre:  Poetry
Publisher:  BluePen
Release date:   Nov 2023
Content Rating:  PG-13 +M
Book Description:

Travel through the human condition with succinctly worded verses that linger long in your mind even after you've closed the book. These poems offer a different perspective and a lovely way to view the world.
Author Interview:
Q. Where does the inspiration for your poetry come from?
A. I have been a daily meditator for the past thirty years. Inspiration comes as I am clearing my thoughts. That’s usually when a word or phrase comes into my mind. If I can recall it when my session ends, I will try to develop it. Sometimes it works. 

Q. Who are your biggest writing influences?
A. There are many poets who have influenced me. High in the list would be Billy Collins, Mary Oliver, Charles Bukowski and Garrison Keillor. I tend to like poetry that is accessible. Some poems are worth an effort to understand, but too often they leave me feeling left out. 

Q. What is your process for writing a poem?
A. A word or phrase will come to mind that feels like it could be developed. I write it down and then expand on the original inspiration. I like the actual process of writing. It’s as if it’s a puzzle and the answer is there, I just have to find it. 

Q. How long have you been writing? What first got you into writing?
A. I have been writing as long as I can remember. I am fascinated by words. I have kept a journal for more than thirty years. There was never a moment I considered myself a writer. I do it to order my world. 

Q. Is there a specific ritualistic thing you do during your writing time?
A. I expand my original idea on the computer and use the delete key often. I try to have every word be in service to my original inspiration.

Q. Any hobbies? or Name a quirky thing you like to do.
A. I stay up very late at night. It’s the quietest time of the day. It’s when I do my reading.
Q. If there is one thing you want readers to remember about you, what would it be? 
A. That I try to practice gratitude every day. I like to think I live in kindness, compassion, and love with everything around me. 

Buy the Book:
Amazon B&N 
add to Goodreads
Meet the Author:

A.H. Morris was born in NYC in December of 1949. He lived there until he married for the first time in 2006. He and his wife, Melissa, moved to New Canaan, Ct where they continue to live. His first book of poetry, Secrets of the Universe, was published in the fall of 2000. His daily meditations are the source of inspiration for these poems.


connect with author: X ~ facebook ~  instagram goodreads

Enter the Giveaway:

GRATITUDE; TWO-HUNDRED SHORT POEMS Spotlight Book Tour Giveaway



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coloring the Rainbow: The Power of Connection by Catherine Rose

The Last Train From Paris by Juliet Greenwood

The Prime Suspect by Lauren Carr