Kingdomless by Michelle Garyfalakis

Kingdomless is the first book in The Evamore Series by Michelle Garyfalkis. It is a young adult fantasy romance book that was released in January. Book 2 is coming at the end of June so you have enough time to read this book before book 2 is released! As you will see in the author interview, Michelle does not like to leave readers hanging (we greatly thank her for this!). I was excited when I saw it come up on iRead Book Tours list because I enjoy young adult books and the cover looks amazing! I have a special author interview to share with you and a giveaway at the end of the post. I hope you enjoy these insights into the author.


About the book:

The remnants of the United Kingdom of Garth, once ruled by the legendary Dynasty of Evamores are in the throes of conflict. Ten years ago, King Wren of the West discovered Raelle washed up on the shores of the Balour Sea, with no memory of the first nine years of her life. She was brought back to the castle and dutifully cared for and cherished by the king and his three older sons. On her nineteenth birthday, the Western Kingdom's adoptive princess is secretly sent away by her stepmother to marry King Veras as a token of peace between the kingdoms. But, the Northern King has other plans.

As Raelle's amnesia melts away with the help of a northern storyteller, she discovers more about the Kingdom of Garth, magic, the lovetie connection of the Evamores, and her role in the grand scheme of things. She is confused, angry, and curiously comfortable in the North.

A dark shadow overcasts all of the kingdoms, and the threatening influence of the fallen god Kellar seems to spread among the people, inciting disorder and violence. While the fate of the kingdoms may rest on Raelle's shoulders, she can't help but feel kingdomless. Betrayal is everywhere, from her own adoptive family to her newfound friends. Fearless, observant, witty, and determined, she is town between her attraction to King Veras' good nature and the unexplained pull to the Tracker Calak. The challenge that she faces is not simple. As the old gods, laws and magic awaken, so does her own sense of self. There is a choice to be made, step into the role expected of her, or dive into the unknown and make her own destiny.

This YA fantasy novel asks the readers important coming of age questions, captures the attention with witty dialogue, relatable characters, and a world that is reawakening its forgotten magic. The readers will be entranced and hungry for more (and perhaps a piece of chocolate cake).

Author Interview:

Have you always wanted to be an author?

Yes. Writing has been a major part of my life since I was a child. Years ago, I heard a quote by Rainer Maria Rilke that says, “If, when you wake up in the morning, you can think of nothing but writing . . . then you are a writer.” It was until recently where I seriously considered that this was something that I could do. Up and until then, it just seemed like a dream. I often have a hard time believing that I’ve written a book that sits on people’s bookshelves… or e-book library :)

Do you write everyday?

I wish. My style of writing is very immersive, so I cannot afford to write everyday. I tend to become hyper fixated on my story. So in order to balance my other roles in life (business, family, etc.) I have to limit myself. Ultimately the dream would be to have a “writing shed” where I could hibernate while I pour out more and more stories.

You mention business and family, what else do you do beside writing?

My husband and I own a contracting company, so I manage that from home. We also have four children under 12 years old and 2 dogs (plus some chickens and bunnies). Our life is full and vibrant, but can also be overwhelming. Reading and writing has been a great way for me to recharge and find time for myself.

What is your favorite travel location?

My husband and I love cruising. There’s something about being surrounded by water, laying in the sun with a great book in your hands. Some of our favorite spots to cruise have been the Bahamas, St. Kitt’s and Puerto Rico.

What is the last great book that you read?

Book preferences are so subjective. I love fantasy romance, hence why I've written a fantasy romance. Recently I have discovered Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti (aka The Twisted Sisters) and have devoured some of their series, particularly Zodiac Academy. But I have to also give credit, where credit is due, because it was the mother of fantasy romance, Sarah J. Maas herself, who got me back into reading, and then ultimately, writing.

What is your next project?

Immediately after I wrote Kingdomless I started working on Forging Hope. It is the second book in The Evamore Series and takes place right after the events of Kingdomless. As a reader, I’ve been left dangling from a few too many cliffhangers, so I wanted to give my readers a bit of a reprieve by having the books released so close together. Forging Hope will be available on June 21st, 2022.  

Meet the Author:

MICHELLE GARYFALAKIS was born and raised throughout Ontario, Canada. She currently lives just outside of Hamilton, Ontario with her husband, four kids and Snowy (their friendly Samoyed-Border Collie). When she isn't obsessively typing out new stories on her computer, you can find her drinking coffee with a friend, snacking on some guacamole or binge watching Outlander (again). Michelle loves finding creative ways to communicate with people, and her passion for storytelling is the newest addition to that list. 

connect with the author: website  ~  facebook  ~  instagramtwitter ~ bookbub ~ tiktokgoodreads

KINGDOMLESS by Michelle Garyfalakis Book Tour Giveaway

Comments

  1. Thank you for participating in the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview, Kingdomless sounds like an excellent read for me and I love the cover! Thanks for sharing it with me and have a sunshiny day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome I’d love to read this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coloring the Rainbow: The Power of Connection by Catherine Rose

The Last Train From Paris by Juliet Greenwood

The Prime Suspect by Lauren Carr