Blackwolf by Phil Gilvin

Blackwolf is a YA/ dystopian/ cli-fi novel (cli-fi meaning climate fiction). I was intrigued by this book because of the multiple genres it crossed. How would the author write a book that fits all those genres? A huge thank you to Love Book Tours for including me on this book tour. I always love discovering new books and authors and especially in this case, new genres. This cover caught my eye right away and I'm so glad I picked it up.



Book Blurb:

What is truth in a world of lies? 

Added to the deteriorating climate and dwindling energy, a wave of plagues is sweeping Britain. But while the Women’s Republic of Anglia attempts to keep cloning going, former Truth Sister Clara Perdue plans to help her mother escape from prison. But can she succeed against the Republic’s prohibition on Naturals?

Meanwhile, Jack Pike has fallen in with a warlike chieftain in the disputed territory between Anglia and Wessex. Drawn into a fight that they cannot win, will he and his friends survive? And when Clara and Jack’s paths cross again, can they put the past behind them and trust each other once more?


Review:

This book is the sequel to Truth Sister. It can be read as a standalone but after reading it, I want to go back and read Truth Sister to get more of the history and read more of the story! I was not lost in this book but it engaged me so much that I want to read more. Once I started reading this book I had a hard time stopping. It is not like any other novels I've read but if you like Hunger Games or Divergent style of books, you will like this one also. This is a book about a different world that is thrilling, full of danger and determined characters. I loved learning about this world and hope to read more about it in a future book.

Author Bio:
Originally from Liverpool, Phil Gilvin now lives with his wife in Swindon, amid the rolling Wiltshire downland with its neolithic barrows, ancient droveways and stone circles. Phil, a scientist by profession, came to writing “when his children grew too old to have stories read to them” and has produced not only novels but also short stories, a number of which have won or been shortlisted in competitions. 

As a writer, Phil is interested in the challenges facing us today: climate change, infectious diseases and dwindling resources – and what they will do to our society. 

Keep in touch on social media:

Instagram: @philgilvin

Website: https://philgilvin.com/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coloring the Rainbow: The Power of Connection by Catherine Rose

The Last Train From Paris by Juliet Greenwood

The Prime Suspect by Lauren Carr