Aqua Paws by Patricia Allieri

Congratulations to Patricia Allieri on Aqua Paws, which was published this week!! I'm happy to be on tour with iRead Book Tours with this childrens book full of great characters!


About the Book:

Splish! Splash! MEOW! Most cats hate water, but not Aqua Paws. He loves it! There’s just one problem: he’s terrified of crabs!

Then Aqua Paws finds himself in a sticky situation, and the only one around to help is a crab. Can Aqua Paws push his feelings aside before it’s too late? Full of whimsical sea creatures beautifully illustrated by Stella Maris, Aqua Paws also warns of the dangers of ocean pollution. A story that your child will fall in love with, that helps teach a valuable lesson at the same time.
Review:
My favorite part of this book is the imaginative names the author gives the characters. The main characters are Aqua Paws, a cat, and Purple Beak, a turtle. The pair go on an adventure to find treasure and also clean up ocean litter. Normally cats don't like water so the fact that the author chose a cat to swim in the water is very cute. I'm a cat person so any chance to read and see cute cats is a book I want to read! The ideal audience is young readers just starting school. The story and illustrations will keep them engaged and as they grow in their reading skills, they can read the book to you! There is also an important lesson about keeping our oceans free of garbage and it is illustrated in an important moment in the story. I hope you enjoy this book with your little ones as much as I did!
Author Q&A:

WWhat is my favorite hobby, besides writing picture books?

I enjoy swimming and I love my water aerobics class in the summer. It is great to meet up with the people in the community pool and exercise. It does not even feel like exercise. My husband and I take walks to the nearby coffee shop on the weekends. The owners know us well. The caffeine boost certainly helps when I’m working toward a deadline!

2.  What are some important discussions parents and educators can have after reading Aqua Paws?

I think parents and educators can ask children to summarize what they just read and identify the important plot points and underlying message. I would ask children to discuss the theme and the message of the story. I would also ask how the story makes them feel.

WWhat are some positive things I have encountered on my publication journey?

The biggest surprise in my journey has been the amazing support from other self-published authors. It is a challenging journey with lots of obstacles along the way. I would not have been able to do it without the advice, feedback, and wisdom of other self-published authors. I have learned so much from them; it has proven invaluable.    

4.  What do you think readers will love most about my self-published book?

I hope readers fall in love with treasured Aqua Paws. He is a sweet kitty who loves water, adventure, and his friends.

WWhat will readers expect your next book to be about?

I tI think that my readers will want Aqua Paws to continue his underwater adventures. And I can’t wait to make this happen. Aqua Paws will be swimming underwater, but will also have adventures on land. I cannot give away the plot. But I think you will love this book, too!


Meet the Author:

Patricia writes stories about the ocean, cats, and friendship. With beautiful illustrations and heartfelt characters, she aims to entertain and inspire readers to feel brave, adventurous, and appreciate the environment. Patricia’s memorable characters include Aqua Paws and Purple Beak with many more on the horizon. Her fiction picture book, AQUA PAWS, has subtle hints of pollution in our oceans and children can help by collecting the harmful trash. Patricia lives in Texas with her husband. She treasures time with her two grown daughters and her grand babies Tate (Tater-Tot) and Pierce. Her love of animals, the beach and the environment is undeniable.


connect with the authors: website twitter ~ facebook instagram 

Enter the Giveaway:
AQUA PAWS Book Tour Giveaway

Comments

  1. Great review! I enjoyed reading the author Q&A section.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coloring the Rainbow: The Power of Connection by Catherine Rose

The Last Train From Paris by Juliet Greenwood

The Prime Suspect by Lauren Carr