The Break by Daniel Hurst

This is my first tour for Zooloos Book Tours and a huge thank you for including me on this tour. I like finding new tour companies because they introduce me to new authors. Daniel Hurst is a new author to me and I loved his book. I will definitely be reading more. He even has a free copy of his book, Just One Second. I hope you enjoy Daniel's books as much as I did!

Review:

The story is told by Karen, Eve, and Peter. Karen is like many mothers feeling overwhelmed by her work and family life. Her children run her ragged, her marriage is healing, and she works fully time. Karen met Eve at the gym (when she can get away) and they become friends. When Eve tells Karen about this cute house you can rent for a day or two, Karen is excited about getting away for a little bit.

I related a lot with Karen. She wanted time to herself but felt guilty taking it. But there is so much going on behind the scenes that no one knows with Eve, Karen, and Peter. When I was reading this book on my Kindle, I glanced at where I was and was surprised that I was halfway through the book. The pace of the book is so fast that you don’t want to put it down. Each chapter being told by a different character provides additional insight into the story. As you watch the story unfold and see the characters true colors show you are more hooked. I loved this book and you will also if you enjoy fast paced thriller novels.

 

Author Info:

Daniel Hurst writes psychological thrillers and loves to tell tales about unusual things happening to normal people. He has written all his life, making the progression from handing scribbled stories to his parents as a boy to writing full length novels in his thirties. He lives in the North West of England and when he isn’t writing, he is usually watching a game of football in a pub where his wife can’t find him.

You can connect with him on social media:

Twitter: dhurstbooks

Facebook: danielhurstbooks

Instagram: danielhurstbooks

Website: https://www.danielhurstbooks.com/


Comments

  1. Thank you so much for supporting this tour and sharing your fab review! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coloring the Rainbow: The Power of Connection by Catherine Rose

The Last Train From Paris by Juliet Greenwood

The Prime Suspect by Lauren Carr