The Light in the Hallway by Amanda Prowse

Nick’s wife passes away after a long illness that left her bedridden in a hospital. Nick spent every possible minute with her but they both know the end was near. After she passes, Nick must tell their teenage son, Oliver, who is about to leave for college and is not handling his mother’s illness well. Life must go in but what is the appropriate timeframe for Nick and Olly?

This book started out slow for me but I’m so glad I kept reading. Nick struggles with his own feelings, helping his son, and dealing with his wife’s family. When Nick starts to move on, it shocks his son and his wife’s family. I enjoyed the portrayal of Nick and his new relationships. The book was set in a small town where everyone knows everyone else’s business. As someone who grew up in a small town I can relate and felt for nick as he navigated these tough decisions. I would recommend this book to someone who enjoys reading about second chances and moving on after a loss.

🌟🌟🌟🌟

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coloring the Rainbow: The Power of Connection by Catherine Rose

The Last Train From Paris by Juliet Greenwood

The Prime Suspect by Lauren Carr