Lost Roses by Martha Hall Kelly

I have never read a historical fiction book about the Russian perspective of WWI. As many stories of that time period are, this was heartbreaking. The book follows Russian royalty, Russian peasants, Russian resistors and many others. I was fascinated by the different stories within the story. I have read Lilac Girls and I loved it as much as I loved this book. Lost Roses is not a light read but a very worthy read. I would recommend this book to fans of historical fiction. I especially loved the afterword, where the author explains who the characters are based on. Some characters are based on a single person and some are based on a mixture of people. It really helped bring the book to life even more reflecting on who the characters are based on. I highly recommend this book!

I give this book 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

This review is based on an advanced copy. Lost Roses will be published on 9April2019.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coloring the Rainbow: The Power of Connection by Catherine Rose

The Last Train From Paris by Juliet Greenwood

The Prime Suspect by Lauren Carr