In a Book Club Far Away by Tif Marcelo

In a Book Club Far Away, Tif Marcelo brings her amazing ability to help characters heal to make a wonderful book. Three military spouses met at a book club near the time their husbands deployed. Fast forward 10 years and the two of the three do not talk with each other. The third woman tries to bring her friends back together.

I loved that this book was told from the present and also 10 years in the past to provide the background for the story and the event that broke the friends up. The timing of the back and forth was perfect to tell the story.

I related on some level with each character. The woman are very different, coming from different backgrounds and having different personalities. I couldn’t fully relate to some of the experiences they had gone through, for example I am not a military spouse but have family in the military. I loved reading about about their lives.

I also loved how each chapter started with a book from the quote the book club would read in that chapter. I found some great book recommendations! Don’t worry though, even though there is a book club in the book, they actually spend very little time on the book club in the story. It is more of the vessel that brought the women together.

I loved this book and am excited for it to publish on 6April20201. Thank you to the publisher, author, and NetGalley for the chance to read an advance copy in change for my honest opinion. If you had enjoyed Tif Marcelo’s books in the past, you will love this one as well.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coloring the Rainbow: The Power of Connection by Catherine Rose

The Last Train From Paris by Juliet Greenwood

The Prime Suspect by Lauren Carr